This program gives families the opportunity to interact together in an open and welcoming environment while participating in games and physical activities. A healthy nutritious meal is served.
This program is supported in the following areas:
How will this program benefit me and my family?
Attend a fun and interactive environment that promotes physical activity and positive family interactions. Enjoy a free nutritious meal with your family and get some new ideas on healthy food choices.
What can I Expect?
- Families start off the night by eating a nutritious meal together, then have the opportunity to engage in gross-motor play activities. Examples of equipment provided: large mats, basketballs, hockey nets & sticks, small balance beams, hoola hoops, riding toys, parachute.
- Example of a meal that may be provided: a variety of casseroles, soups, stews which may include chicken, meatballs, lasagna, potatoes, rice, whole grain breads, cheese, vegetables, and fruits.
- The opportunity to increase and promote the overall health and development of your child(ren) and your family by participating in physical activities.
- The chance to participate in an evening program that may be more accessible to some parents/caregivers.
- The opportunity to take part in special family bonding activities.
- The opportunity to get out of the house and meet new people.
- Have fun in an open, safe and welcoming environment.
- Give your child a chance to play and make friends.
- Transportation may be provided