This is a play-based program that gives children and their parents/caregivers the opportunity to interact together in an open and welcoming environment while participating in engaging and inclusive learning activities together.
This program is supported in the following areas:
How will this program benefit me and my family?
Provide a fun and interactive environment that promotes positive family interactions.
What can I Expect?
- Crafts & activities available during playgroup i.e.: circle time songs and activities, rhymes, story time, finger plays, painting, games, physical activity and the use of fine and gross motor skills.
- The opportunity to get out of the house and meet new people.
- Give your child a chance to play and make friends.
- Help prepare your child for school.
- Take part in special family bonding activities.
- Access resources for all stages of childhood development.
- Have fun in a safe, open and welcoming environment.
- Healthy snacks & refreshments are provided.
- Transportation may be provided.
A Few Tips While Being at Playgroup...
- Children must be supervised at all times by a parent or caregiver.
- In an effort to maintain a positive, comfortable environment, physical, verbal aggression is not permitted.
- The use of appropriate language is encouraged.
- Parents & caregivers are to participate in their children’s activities (painting, crafts, and story time). If your child does not want to participate in circle time, please play quietly in a different area.
- Snacks must be eaten while sitting in the designated snack area.
- Children must always be accompanied in the washroom by parent or caregiver.
- For sanitary purposes, please put any toys that were in a child’s mouth in the designated dirty toy basket/bin/sink for disinfection.
- Please use your walking feet and indoor voices.
- Indoor footwear must be worn at all times.
- Hot beverages are not to be left unattended.
- Please keep personal toys at home.
- Participants are required to help with clean up.
- Diapers must be changed at the diaper changing area.
What do you like about the Playgroup Program?
I have just started attending these programs I'm very happy with all they provide for my family. I like that my children are developing better social skills to prepare them for school. The staff is very helpful and friendly as well.
Playgroup is a great program offering parents and children education and socialization skills. I enjoy watching my daughter learn and play in a school atmosphere. It is a great preparation for school.
I am very satisfied with the playgroups experience for my grandson.
I love coming to playgroup whenever I can. Both my kids have always loved coming here. It gets us out of the house and interacting with people. It was especially important to me when I was on mat leave during the winter to help fight off the blues.